This school year 2011-2012, more towns of the Islands have asked the Program of Tutor Policeman that they adhere. Before the holidays of Christmas 44 will already be the towns of the Islands that will have the presence of a policeman tutor in schools and institutes|high schools. The Ministry of Public Administrations, which the Program of the Tutor Policeman across the Institute|High School of Public Safety (ISPIB) coordinates, has received 13 new requests on the part of the town councils to constitute it during this school course.
The tutor policeman is a member of the Local Police with specific formation|training, restricted to cooperate in the resolution of conflicts in the school environment. The local policeman dedicated to this task collaborates with the educational world and with the professionals of social affairs, without losing its|his|her|their condition of agent of the authority.
Its|His|Her|Their area of performance|action with minors is set in:
- the environment of the schools
- the public, local spaces and public establishments
- the new technologies
Its|His|Her|Their work consists of:
- Working against the school absenteeism
- Intervening in the face of situations of minors without schooling
- Watching the exterior of the educational centers
- Advising incidents of vandalism and damages in the school facilities in front
- Collaborating in the resolution of conflicts in the school area at the request of the centers
- Keeping vigil to eliminate the traffic, consumption or possession of illegal substances at schools as well as in its|his|her|their environment
- Fighting against the consumption of tobacco at schools
- Making periodic meetings with the managerial teams|equipments of the educational centers
- Watching the behaviors of risk, especially the bullying and the sexual abuses to minors
- Improving the road security|certainty in the school zones
- Taking part in activities of road education
- Improving the environment
- Imparting informative, preventive and guidance talks about subjects of interest, like Internet or legislation, addressed to parents and pupils
- Collaborating, especially in the evacuations of the centers, in the schools in the application of school selfprotection manuals|handbooks.